Monday, April 29, 2024

Clogged Primary fuel filter

Primary Filter

Chris drove me down to the club with boat stuff for his launch and to resolve my Yanmar problems.

We launched Flow Control with Norm and I cleaned the primary filter housing.  The filter was filthy.  I spent 15 minutes "polishing" the fuel tank using a pump and filter from Norm.  No sign of dirty.  I was going to change the secondary filter, but it looked spotless so I did not change it.  

I had a hard time bleeding on the high-pressure side. It may have been some kind of residual effect from the engine failure.  Eventually, it did start and ran fine for a while before I brought her back to the dock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday sail with Chiheb, Marie, Natalia, Bulent -

I did my last FFR presentation on Friday night, moving the duties to Emma and Gerard.  Saturday morning, I lounged a little and tidied up th...