Monday, September 9, 2024

Single Handed to Pointe Claire

On Monday afternoon I loaded the car with mast frame and other stuff to the club in the afternoon to work on the boat.  

I ended up helping Northern Sun whose Yanmar 3GMD was not turning over.  She was stuck at Dowers and ended up sailing back to her dock. The problem was a weak connector to the panel.  Quel Surprise.

I set off motoring in a West wind to the Gut, checking out the new drive chain.  She worked flawlessly.  I anchored outside the Pointe-Claire church.  BBQ my pork chop, slept and got up the next morning to sail back to the club.  I decided not to testify at Jessica's TAL hearing. She was poor at communicating about the issues in the case.  I was not clear what I was going to be witnessing. 

I got back to the dock at 10, changed the sails,  inflated the new dingy, organized the boat and locker and went out to test the dingy.

On Wednesday, I biked out to Boathouse, Home Depot and the new Addison's in Pointe-Claire to get screws, cables, fuses, clevis pin, plumbing for water filter.  I biked back to the club, intending to bring the Argon 24 bike back home, but the U-lock no longer worked.  It had been there all summer.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Systems check with Chiheb and Brian

Norm bought me an 8 HP Johnson/  Saturday Brian came up from Vermont.  Chieb came helped prepare BELLUM for her big adventure. Set up new ch...