Saturday, October 3, 2026

Evening short sail

I biked and Exo to Kirkland for the Melanoma Canada Mobile tour.  It was disappointing because I had registered, but on Friday I got an email saying it was first-come, first-serve.  I arrived ten minutes after it opened and waited 3 1/2 hours to be checked.  Very few people came after me; I was always near the end of the line, and if I came 3 hours after it opened, I would have waited less than half an hour.

The inspection was very fast, and I didn't feel it at all through.  Last year the doctor was much better.

Afterwards, I dropped by Addison and then flew my FPV Neo drone in an empty soccer field in Pointe Claire. Not too fond of the FPV.

I biked to the club, put some stuff from the boat away in the locker, repumped the high-pressure floor (it had deflated), pumped out the water, and took her out for a spin.  Started very nicely.  The bottom of the boat was pretty dirty.  Needs a good cleaning after I winterize the motor.

At 5:30, I decided to go out for a sail with a south wind.  Nice beam reach past the gut; passed Fugu and Zig-Zag on the way out, then tacked for another beam reach to the club and met Norm and MLM for drinks. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Frostbite Norm, Scarlett and Maud.

The crew met at 8:45 and set sail to the Frostbite race. We tried to put up the main, but one sail tie was still attached, tightly knotted t...