Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday afternoon sail

Daniele and I got to the boat about 2PM.

Alan cancelled.  He cancelled Saturday too (it fairly rainny)

Upon arriving at the club, I talked with Jason and he showed me his boat, which had just been converted to electric drive while Daniele got the groceries and other stuff aboard Bellum.

I installed the new washers on the faucets

We got out at 3:15 PM and sailed for about 3 hours.  Ricked helped us depart the dock.  Winds were from the west so we motored out. We could have gone through the inner channel near shore and saved a bit of motoring.

 Sailed to Ile Perrot and back to the gut and back to Beaconsfield and returned to the dock.

We used No 2 and should have probably used No 3.  We reefed the main after an hour and half.  The reefing system worked well.





We successfully docked using the stern line from the piling to the spinnaker winch. The trick was to remove the lifelines.

We decided to have supper at home.  Nice Costco rib steak and a Hoya Cardenas.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday sail with Chiheb, Marie, Natalia, Bulent -

I did my last FFR presentation on Friday night, moving the duties to Emma and Gerard.  Saturday morning, I lounged a little and tidied up th...