Saturday, May 11, 2024

On Friday, I decided to go home after the meet the flag night and I missed the aurora borealis on the lake.

On Saturday, I rode down to the club in the late afternoon hoping to catch some.  Jessica just cancelled as I was riding to the club.  

It was a little chilly.  I opened the "turtle behind the companionway to clean it and test the Autohelm wind instruments I borrowed from Boathouse.  They worked fine.  I reassembled the turtle, washed down the debris from the turtle and about 7 motored down the channel to anchor at Valois Bay.

Aurora Borealis




The depth sounder was still acting up.  It works if I knock the transducer.  But it was not very reliable.

Made myself a Barvette steak and went to bed early.  Slept in.  the next morning.  It was drizzling with 7 knots from the east.  After lingering around, I hauled anchor without the engine.  The windlass made loud clunks as the bronze plunger hit the stripper and cam key.

I sailed in a run to before the gut and decided to tack and return.  Tacked through the channel back to the club and motored back into the harbour.

I sent a message to Chiheb that I was going home.  He was at PCYC rigging a boat.  They were going to go sailing but had problems with the Genoa Halyard.

At the dock, I tightened the Allen key screws on the stripper and cam key.  That resolved it.  Will need to loctite it later.  I also disassembled the washdown switch which had failed over the winter.  (Addison)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Systems check with Chiheb and Brian

Norm bought me an 8 HP Johnson/  Saturday Brian came up from Vermont.  Chieb came helped prepare BELLUM for her big adventure. Set up new ch...