Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Race S1 R1 with Scarlett

On Monday evening, I biked to the club, audited the VHF course, slept aboard and worked on stuff and took photos of the club improvements.  A storm warning came up but it was mostly light rain.



I invited Sven and PAT to race. Sven did not respond to my text, PAT cancels. This was expected as the invitation was last minute and subject to confirmation. So it was just Scarlett and me.  

Winds picked up once we were past the Gut. The boat sailed well.

Scarlett helmed.  The layline was crowded, lots of collision avoidance with Chaos, Adlib, sharks before tacking to the layline for the start.  We were one minute late. Once we crossed on starboard, the fleet tacked and we avoided Adlib and had to hail Starboard to Tocade.  She hesitated but avoided us.  I was letting him know don't f*** with wong.

The winds dies after the start. The second start was postponed. They never started.  The race was cancelled due to lack of wind and pending staorm coming in.  Chaos and other boats further west apparently did not hear the many cancellation calls.  We thought they were just racing for fun.

We had a nice sail to the Gut, when I decided to start the motor seeing the dark threatening clouds.  We got into the harbour in light drizzle of heavy droplets.  

Scarlett drove me home.



 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Systems check with Chiheb and Brian

Norm bought me an 8 HP Johnson/  Saturday Brian came up from Vermont.  Chieb came helped prepare BELLUM for her big adventure. Set up new ch...