After a day at the club washing the dinghy and reinstalling the dock wheel, the winds declined; I departed the harbour at 7PM and sailed on one tack to Grand Anse, arriving at 9 PM.
Zero carbon anchor and sautéed sausages with onions. I forgot I had peppers and tomatoes.
The next morning I lingered till 2PM and sailed into the main lake in a run. Before the gut, I turned and beat it to the southwest and northwest and decided to return to the harbour, arriving at 3:30.
Chris showed up with a wheel puller, and we pulled off the wheel from the binnacle. It has seized since our Bahamas trip. It came out easily with the puller.
I disassembled and washed out the Raymarine wheel drive with fresh water and fine-tuned the clutch adjustments. It seemed to work reasonably well, with the broken screw holes discovered in January 2025 in the Bahamas.
Cleaned the shaft and wheel of the corrosion.
The autopilot worked well afterwards.
Chris and I went to check out Tara's water, and we put up Chris' head sail.
I bugtek the boat, dinghy and dock and biked home.
No comments:
Post a Comment