Sunday, July 19, 2026

NIght at Grand Anse

After a day at the club washing the dinghy and reinstalling the dock wheel, the winds declined; I departed the harbour at 7PM and sailed on one tack to Grand Anse, arriving at 9 PM.

360 Photo


Zero carbon anchor and sautéed sausages with onions.  I forgot I had peppers and tomatoes.  

The next morning I lingered till 2PM and sailed into the main lake in a run. Before the gut, I turned and beat it to the southwest and northwest and decided to return to the harbour, arriving at 3:30.




Chris showed up with a wheel puller, and we pulled off the wheel from the binnacle.  It has seized since our Bahamas trip.  It came out easily with the puller.

I disassembled and washed out the Raymarine wheel drive.  It seemed to work reasonably well, with the broken screw holes discovered in January 2025 in the Bahamas.







Chris and I went to check out Tara's water, and we put up Chris' head sail.

I bugtek the boat, dinghy and dock and biked home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cancelled GNS Tuesday

At 2:30PM, I cancelled our Tuesday race.  Supposed to rain at 7-8 PM and be fairly windy.  I took a walk in NDG, and it was much windier on ...