Sunday, July 5, 2026

Sunday solitude, Monday solitude, Tuesday Shark

On Sunday morning, I had coffee with Anne, then biked to the club with the SUP board trailer, hoping to raft up with JT and company.  

I did my photographic duties at the club Open House, 






I discovered the house batteries were not charging.  I troubleshot and discovered the 12VDC always-on busbar had corroded and overheated, killing the battery and starting to thaw the fridge.  I tightened the screws, found that a fuse holder had overheated, and replaced it.  Finally, at 5PM, I took off, sailing to the GUT, passing ZIG-ZAG and tacking through Lake St Louis, checking in to FUGU at the sandbars.  I continued towards Dowkers and anchored there at 7.  

I spent the night and a good part of Monday there.  At 4 p.m., I set sail slowly through the lake, anchoring at the Sandbars.  


The next day, I sailed back to the club.  I found the 40 Amp fuse for the DC-DC charger had blown, and I changed the fuse at the club. More tidy up of the locker, and at 4PM, I took Shark 1 with John to make him comfortable with her.  He was quite comfortable helming and heave-to.  We returned to the harbour and John bought me supper. at the club.













Met Bob at the yard and he was cleaning his locker and gave me a bunch of boat stuff that he no longer needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Alone to Dorval Island overnight

After returning from Soulanges, I lingered around the pool and club, took out the garbage, dried out the floaties,  at 8 pm, I set off for D...