Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Tara II water pump

On Wednesday,  I was supposed to look at Tara II's water pump to remove the water striner and then go sailing with Scarlett to St. Anne.  


I biked to the club, passing 12,000 kms on my eBike.  On the way to the club, I decided it was too windy to sail, so I canceled with Scarlett.



We got the strainer off and discovered a one-inch slash on the input hose near the thru-hull.  Nobody noticed that.  We replaced the hose, and that seemed to solve much of the problem.  

We removed the check valve Gabriel installed after the water pump and the water strainer.  The gasket on the water strainer looked suspicious and cold be full of air leaks.

I biked back home.

Later on Friday, Heather had to prime the water hose after the FFR race.



Major slit in the water intake hose.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Alone to Dorval Island overnight

After returning from Soulanges, I lingered around the pool and club, took out the garbage, dried out the floaties,  at 8 pm, I set off for D...