Sunday, August 18, 2024

AQVA with Scarlett

With BELLUM on the hard, we took out Shark 2 with a new genoa and registered for Spinnaker.

I biked to the club and did Yoga.

Maud had tested positive for COVID in the morning and cancelled.  

We rigged the boat and set sail at about 12:20 but did not finish the start line on time.  We started about 5 minutes late.

9 miles race, lasting about 3 glorious hours of great sailing.  Incidents - I dropped my sunglasses at the dock.  The boom hit me in the head and caught the lazy sheet around my food during a tack at a mark. Lots of fun.

We tried, but could not pass Tara II. We were behind Tara II.

When we finished, we sailed back to the club and were having so much fun, we sailed back to Pointe Claire and back to the club.  Lots of fun.

Supper started with gin and tonic / martini, wine and Jameson apres.  We sobered up at the club, Scarlett drove me home, and I had a hangover the next morning.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Systems check with Chiheb and Brian

Norm bought me an 8 HP Johnson/  Saturday Brian came up from Vermont.  Chieb came helped prepare BELLUM for her big adventure. Set up new ch...