Saturday, September 5, 2026

FFR pursuit on Saturday followed by Raft Up

Jessica and Natalie came to do the last Friday Fun Race on Saturday.

We messed up some tacks.  The winds were quirky. We hit a yellow SYLVA buoy.  I had to take the helm.

We started 22 minutes after the scratch boat and finished dead last.  The crew was learning.  

We had the 155 headsail up.  Near the end of the race, the winds picked up, but we were in a broad reach.

I came to join the raft-up with the mainsail still up! URG!

We partied, and about 7:30, we broke up the raft-up to return to the dock to BBQ the barvette.  


The Course

The Crew



The fool


The Raft Up

The Barvette







No comments:

Post a Comment

GNS Fall Series - Labour Day with John and Mark

I got up at about 8:30, had a quick breakfast, weighed anchor, and motored to PCYC. John and Mark joined at 10, and we departed to race.  Wi...