Friday, September 25, 2026

Pas de DEUX with Skipper Maud and Captain Scarlett - St. Anne and Vaclav’s mechoui

I came up with the idea for Maud and Scarlett to do the Pas de Deux without me.  They were thrilled.  I came along as a safety officer.

On Friday night, I arrived at the Royal late, too late to sail into the sunset. Met Scott and paid him for the air horn.  Norm and Chris were going to have supper at the club for MMHA.  I had a drink with them at their dinner and departed for PCYC in the dark, with an almost full Hunter Moon.

Anchored just outside PCYC.  I wasn't hungry, so I only nibbled on some nuts.  I went to sleep, and the next morning was quite windy, making it a little challenging to haul anchor single-handed. Winds and current were opposing. 

I came into PCYC at 8; Maud was early, and Scarlett was a little late.  We quickly changed the 155 for 135 headsail and tried to depart with a strong east wind pushing me into the dock.  I almost backed into the steel breakwater, but I got her into forward just as I screamed at Maud, who was about to use her feet to avoid collision.

We had a great race.  It was a fast race.  The course was No 2.




Photos












23 out of 31




The race ended about 1, and there was a North wind, and we were abeam heading to the west, so I suggested we sail to St. Anne, which Scalett had wanted to do during her vacation, but never did, and Maud had never been there.

Harvest Moon of BELLUM
Nice walk, and I saw the new owner of Nautically Hip docking behind us as we returned to BELLUM.

We motored back to Dowkers and sailed back to PCYC for supper.  I was disappointed with the pork; the skin was burnt, the portion was small, and one piece was undercooked.  They gave me another plate. 

Vaclav was there at the Pig Roast, but he was not really cooking or supervising.  Roasting a pig is quite an art.  Vaclav was in a walker.  We smiled at each other; he seemed happy but not very responsive.  Very sad.

I slept aboard and didn't go anchor with the Harvest Moon, but I had a good view of it from the dock.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Frostbite No 1

It was quite a windy day for a race.  Shawn and Nathalie were available.  We set out to sail, first with a reefed main and then a reefed jib...