Sunday, September 20, 2026

Final GNS fall series with Chloe and Norm - NOT - No RC

I got up at 7:30 at the PCYC dock, and there was wind.











I had breakfast, flew the Mavric Mini drone, and changed two sets of propellers.


Prop Error

 









Norm and Chloe showed up at 10:10.  We set sail and could not find the RC.  AJAX was managing the Fireball races.


In the end, we determined the Royal RC didn't show up.  Later, I found out Marius couldn't find the Orange marks; all 4 coloured flags and the mark-setter didn't show up.  He was going to take Mink to do a cancellation procedure, but Mink was low on fuel.  A.. The Royal have certainly lost commitment to excellence in racing,





We sailed around for a bit, returned to the PCYC dock, and Chloe docked BELLUM perfectly.  I managed the throttle and shifter.  Norm and Chloe departed, and I hung around.  We went to BYC for the GNS flag ceremony, and I surveyed BYC, which I hadn't done in a while.  Saw Naomie.






After returning to PCYC, I hung around for the Fireball ceremony and then departed for Dowkers South.  It was much warmer than the night before.









Morning morning, I did a zero-carbon departure, sailed closed-haul back to the club, packed up and biked home on an almost dead bike battery. And then attended a meet-the-candidate for housing issues.







1 comment:

  1. A message for competitors in the 2026 GNS Séries Interclub Series
    Hi Skippers, The Royal agreed to be the R C for the last 2 races of that series. We thought that we had everything lined up days before & then it fell apart that morning; - first the mark boat operator got very sick Saturday night & didn’t notify the R C. - then the R C could not locate the 4 coloured flags for each division - then discovered that the inflatable race marks had been removed from the R C boat & misplaced - when the R C boat headed out (short handed) he discovered the boat was very low on fuel & the gas dock was locked. The boat apparently had been used by the sailing instructors earlier that week & had not been topped up. - weather forecast was 4 knots dropping to 2 knots at noon. - decision jointly made at 10:45 / 11:00 to cancel all races & R C advised John Linton (BYC) who updated BYC skippers. - unable to reach Ryan Stowe & Frank Ferrara at PCYC (no answer) - Royal R C did not have access to all GNS skippers’ email addresses & could not send that cancellation email. We understood that all racers knew of the cancellation including scorer Tracey Strunga. When things go badly they cascade. Fortunately for the R C there was no wind. I was in Croatia trying to assist the R C by cell phone & emails. Very difficult. Everything has been corrected for the upcoming Frostbite series starting on Sunday at 10:00. The Sailing Committee & R C group at the Royal apologizes for this complete screw up. There really is nothing more that can be said. Thank you for your understanding, Rod Hayes Sailing Chair

    ReplyDelete

Final GNS fall series with Chloe and Norm - NOT - No RC

I got up at 7:30 at the PCYC dock, and there was wind. I had breakfast, flew the Mavric Mini drone, and changed two sets of propellers. Prop...