Friday, July 24, 2015

Friday Persuit Race and Raft UP

Daniele, Jimmy, Fiona, Alain and I raced the Friday fun race.

Alain decided to jump aboard for the race.

Our start was 15 minutes.

Winds were very light at the start and picked up about our start so we easily caught up to the early starters.

Then we lost time in the run leg. After about 1 1/2 hour, Alain was asking about what our estimate was to finish the race.  I realized he had to drive downtown to pick up wife, so I abandoned the race and motored back to the harbour.

Daniele wanted to go to our own dock.  I wanted to drop them off at a service dock.  As we entered the harbour, the Star was sailing into too, so I went for the service dock.  I came in a bit fast and hit reverse and halted the boat immediately at the service dock.  Very loud but no contact with the dock.

We came back out and hovered to raft up between Tara II and Regalia tied up to us and joined us for Daniele's pork chops.

Fiona got a lift home with Michel.

The next day I was to help Redlline get to Brockville..

I got up at 6, showered and washed the barrage of bugs from the raft up and hopped aboard Redline, departing about 8 AM










No comments:

Post a Comment

Prizegiving 2023

Prize giving photos