Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Launch and sail

I showed up at 6:45 to install the lifeline screws and prepared the boat for an 8:30 launch

Norm came out to help me launch.  We launched and docked the boat. I forgot to open the fuel cock and the engine stalled and I quickly opened the fuel cock and restarted.  Had an exciting docking.

Norm suggested a sail later, so I installed the head sail and main and norm showed up about 4:30 in the afternoon and hoisted me on the bosun chair to untangle the lazy jack

We set out with the Laser 28 fleet, sailed close haul to Baie-d'Urfe and a beam reach back.  Before the gut, it was getting slow and cold and we started up the iron sail to get back to the club for the bar menu.








Note the drive chain was making noise - especially when turning.  It was more of a knock than the vibration in previous years.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Clogged Primary fuel filter

Primary Filter Chris drove me down to the club with boat stuff for his launch and to resolve my Yanmar problems. We launched Flow Control wi...