Saturday, October 6, 2018

Pas de Deux avec Maud

Audrey was not available so I asked Maud to race the Pas de Deux.  She eagerly accepted. It looked cold on race morning, but she was still keen.

I drove to the club dropping by Maxi to pick up my bike that was left there on Wednesday.

We left the club with the headsail and sailed to the race area.  Chaos was registered, but she did not come out.  Nobody from the Royal came out.

Good start at 9 minutes 9 seconds after the scratch boat.  We sailed okay but came out 23 out of 28 boats.  It wasn't so cold.  Docked at PCYC and had their famous chili.  Bill came by and sat with us.  Frank Ferrara came by and chatted.  We talked about running out of gas and aviation and it turns out that Frank took ground school with me (Teacher was Huguette) and he remembers me giving him a drive from the airport to the Metro in my old Volkswagon with the fuel management system back around 1981!  Last week we met Todd Riley from WHS.  Who's next?

We left PCYC about 5 and motored back to the club and had a glass of wine and headed back home.

Maude accepted coming again tomorrow for Frostbite 1.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Clogged Primary fuel filter

Primary Filter Chris drove me down to the club with boat stuff for his launch and to resolve my Yanmar problems. We launched Flow Control wi...