Saturday, April 27, 2024

Shakedown sail with Maud and Chiheb - Yanmar failed

Chiheb, Maud and I went out for a shakedown sail on Saturday.  Winds were forecasted to be 12 knots 18-degrees C.

Winds were approximately 18 to 20 knots from the South.  The wind instrument and dept sounder were intermittent. 


I biked to the club.  We departed about 2 PM, had a nice sail to Beaconsfield and tacked and gybed around.


About 4ish, on the way back, we furled the sail, started the engine, and put away the main. As we were heading into the harbour, the engine started to lose power.  It was too windy to try to dock with sails.  I dropped the anchor and called the club for help.

Anchored outside the harbour
Jim and Jacque L were at the T-dock to help us stop the boat at the dock.  They suggested trying to sail it, but I felt the motor could get us in if they could stop us.  It was a pretty good docking but popped an old fender and a minor scuff of the hull.




Blown Fender on docking


I opened the primary fuel filter and it was somewhat dirty.  It started to rain and I decided to take the bus and train home and work on it another day.




1 comment:

On Friday, I decided to go home after the meet the flag night and I missed the aurora borealis on the lake. On Saturday, I rode down to the ...