Friday, June 21, 2024

FFR - NOT - Single handed to bay between LRYC and BYC






We were supposed to do the FFR race and have a BBQ with the Strawberry full moon and solstice.

Chiheb came with Barvette and Potatoe Salad.  Winds were dead, and turnout was poor with 4 boats from the Royal and 3 from PCYC.  We cancelled.  

I asked Chiheb to return home and I hung around the club. I was tired.

Winds picked up and at 18:30 I took off on a broad reach to the gut and anchored in the bay between LRYC and BYC.  


The next morning, I pulled up the Bruce and sailed in very light winds.  After about 45 minutes, the current was creating more apparent wind and I motored back for Yoga, boat wash and the Donners cocktail.  

Eager Beaver was also cancelled due to a lack of winds.

Then I biked home for a showery Sunday of 40-50 mm rain.

Hoping it clears up for St Jean fireworks on Monday evening.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Systems check with Chiheb and Brian

Norm bought me an 8 HP Johnson/  Saturday Brian came up from Vermont.  Chieb came helped prepare BELLUM for her big adventure. Set up new ch...