Monday, June 24, 2024

St Jean fireworks

The day was very wet.  At about 3, the rain stopped and the sky cleared.

I biked to the club, stopping at Audrey's to drop off some binoculars for her. We chatted and then I continued to the club.

Deciding between cycling to Pointe Claire or sailing to Pointe-Claire, I sailed .. actually motored.  

Walked to the club, met Bill and we went for Smoked Meat, served by AQVA. Bill returned to the club as I walked around the village and returned to the club and had a beer with Bill and his sightseeing crew.  Played with the club raccoons.



I went out and anchored.  Mike was about to anchor and he called to see where I was. I invited him to raft up with Bellum. He was alone too. We had some scotch and Canadian whisky while enjoying the fireworks and bugs.  





After he departed, I went to sleep.

The next morning, I was mildly hung over.  

At 8, I hauled anchor with the engine as the winds made it hard to pull the anchor rode manually as the windlass was still unserviceable.  

Came back to the club intending to go to Champlain.  I decided to call my family doctor to have a look at my bruised rib from my incident at the dock with Claire on June 13.  He had a cancellation at 3PM so I took it.  

Instead of rushing home, I pushed my Champlain trip to tomorrow, tidied up my locker a bit, and drained the engine sump of water.  I BBQ the bavette I planned for the fireworks.

At 1, I biked to the bank, Boathouse which was closed and a liquidation center in VSP then to my doctor. 

After that I was tired and hungry so I dropped into the food bank for either an early supper or late lunch.

Came home and napped.  I was wiped out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Systems check with Chiheb and Brian

Norm bought me an 8 HP Johnson/  Saturday Brian came up from Vermont.  Chieb came helped prepare BELLUM for her big adventure. Set up new ch...