Saturday, June 1, 2024

Single handed to Sandbars and Dowkers

Saturday morning, nobody signed up from the Single Sailing group.  I took some drone photos of the pool and tennis courts.

At 11, I took off in light winds.  Saw the Quebec Open Laser 28's.

Wind died and I anchored south of SLYVA31 at 1 PM with the new anchor ball.  Took a nap.

At 4, the winds picked up.  I decided to haul anchor.  The windlass was acting up.  Looks like the gypsy was warped.  Eventually, I got the anchor up. 

Sailed around and I ended up putting down sails after Lord Reading and motored to Dowkers.  The depth sounder was acting up as usual this season.  Dowker Bay was quite full and I did not feel like I needed to explore so I anchored a little further out than normal.  Winds were light.

The next morning, I got up early, pulled anchor and motored back to the club for the fleamarket. The windlass still had little problems even in light winds. The attendance at the fleamarket was poor. 

Helped Sylvie install boom.

An old car was driven over the bank into the water near Duggan House.


I biked downtown and tried Grillades Torino.  It was okay, the chicken was too salty.  Watched THEMTHEM





Coast Guard inspecting boats at Dowkers.  Not Me.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Systems check with Chiheb and Brian

Norm bought me an 8 HP Johnson/  Saturday Brian came up from Vermont.  Chieb came helped prepare BELLUM for her big adventure. Set up new ch...