Friday, June 28, 2024

FFR pursuit race cancelled - no winds. Anchor issue

The Duggan Cup has been cancelled due to in-climate weather. Scheduled for next weekend

Rachel, Ming, Chiheb and Scarlett join Bellum for the FFR pursuit race and raft up.  The afternoon was windy but I had to wait for the crew. 

We motored to the start line and the wind died.  We waited for half an hour and the race was cancelled.  I came back anchored and rafted up with Trieze, Slow Dancer, Esmarlada, and Shark 6.

The newly rebuilt BBQ worked okay, but not as well as the old Kettle.  BBQ roasted vegetables and pork tenderloin.  

When it came time to weigh anchor, the anchor got wrapped around the keel again, like last July 19.  But after over an hour of work, we got the anchor back and headed back to the club arriving at 23:45 to find the club doors were locked and my car did not work.  Not what was promised to me.  Crew needed the bathrooms.  Ernie was there to open the door for us.

I came back to the boat, had a shot of 12 YO, did the dishes and went to bed.  The next morning, I washed the bugs off the boat, did YOGA and came home after doing some groceries at BinMart.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Systems check with Chiheb and Brian

Norm bought me an 8 HP Johnson/  Saturday Brian came up from Vermont.  Chieb came helped prepare BELLUM for her big adventure. Set up new ch...