Saturday, July 13, 2024

3 days bliss at Soulanges

I did my Yoga at 9 ish.  Tidy up the boat and at 1PM, I left the harbour, turned off the motor and tacked to the gut, then towards Grand Anse and with a west wind I decided to do the windmill point channel and head west.  Though of dropping in on Beauanhois club but there was still wind and I ended up tacking to Point des Cascade at 6PM.  That is 5 hours sailing and 10 minutes motoring. Wind instruments stopped working on the sail.  I tried to clean the depth sounder transducer.

It was crowded and I picked a nice hole to drop the anchor and stayed two nights and three days ... studied the Chesapeake Bay area.  It was hot, over 30 C.  Winds were still good.  Sunday I decided to stay.  No dinghy, I was stuck aboard.  

Monday morning I weighed anchor at 10:30 with another boat who motored towards Beauhanois Club.  I sailed back in a dead run through the seaway taking a shortcut before the zig-aag channel on a beam reach arriving at the club at 12:40.  I docked at the sheer legs and reseated the masthead anemometer and that solved the wind instrument issues.  However, I had forgotten to check the main sail sheave which had been giving me problems.

Had a beer with Norm and MLM and drove home.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Systems check with Chiheb and Brian

Norm bought me an 8 HP Johnson/  Saturday Brian came up from Vermont.  Chieb came helped prepare BELLUM for her big adventure. Set up new ch...