Saturday, July 20, 2024

First Overnight Race - SINGLE HANDED

I missed the Maud race so I decided to do the Overnight race - Single Handed.  I intended to resign since I was not physically prepared to do this race.

Race was basically from AD14 to AD30 back and forth from 8:30 to 6AM.  

We saw the sunset, rain, clouds, and a bit of an almost full moon for about 15 minutes before ducking behind clouds.  We had several rain cells ... drizzle to light.  Wind shifts of 180 degrees.  

At 1AM, I abandoned, since I was quite distance behind Slow Dancer II.  I anchored in Valois Bay near the GUT.  I left the VHF on 77, but did not hear any traffic.

Sunday morning I hauled anchor and motored to the club sheer legs and checked the main sail sheaves which were fine.


Chaos won by a long shot















No comments:

Post a Comment

Systems check with Chiheb and Brian

Norm bought me an 8 HP Johnson/  Saturday Brian came up from Vermont.  Chieb came helped prepare BELLUM for her big adventure. Set up new ch...