Thursday, July 25, 2024

Wild and windy - Scarlett, Marie-France and Julie

Winds were up to 26 knots

We were able to find a lull in the harbour to change to sail #3 while at the dock

We motored through the gut and a little further and raised a reefed main and deployed the No 3

We mistimed the start by one minute and finished poorly.  Marie-France and Julie had only sailed once since COVID and they have only been on Bellum once before.  The winches were challenging compared to what was on Therapy




I used the new Insta360 to video my patent-pending docking system.


Chris met me at the dock.  He was having supper at the club.

Supper at the club

While running the Yanmar, I did an engine inspection and discovered the hose from water pump to the engine thermostat was loose and leaking  the next day I retighten the clamp and checked all the other hoses  










No comments:

Post a Comment

Systems check with Chiheb and Brian

Norm bought me an 8 HP Johnson/  Saturday Brian came up from Vermont.  Chieb came helped prepare BELLUM for her big adventure. Set up new ch...