Monday, July 1, 2024

Fireworks with FB Singles - REPEAT

Olga Misha and Roger joined us encore sans Violetta.  We rendezvous at PCYC, sailed around, anchored and swam in 21-degree water with lots of current well outside BYC.  Surprising the current there.  Had a late lunch or early supper. 

Set sail through the sandbars, doing a flyby with Zig Zag.





Sailed to the Pointe-Claire church and anchored for the fireworks.






I came back to PCYC to drop off Pax at 11 and spent the night at PCYC.


The next morning, I lounged around the club, and set sail at about 1, not paying attention, I almost ended up on the rocks south of the GUT.  I had not intended to even head for the GUT.

Sailed around until the winds died, I met up with ZigZag at the sandbars.  They've been there since Monday.

Me and Rizwan
They departed and I stayed the night.  The next day, I set out for PCYC to meet Rizwan but with the south winds, we decided to meet at St. Anne's where I met Allan from Nautically Hip.  Rizwan and I reminisced about the old days.  We had supper and afterwards, I sailed to IPYC and took at the dock there.




On Thursday morning I set sail through the Dowkers channel and sailed around the lake until 4 when I docked at PCYC and chewed the rag with the local racers.

Shortened course
At 6:15, Maud and Rachel showed up and we had a nice race with a shortened course ... probably due to low winds or an ominous cloud from the North West.







Last !



We had the crew supper and I spent the night at the dock plugged in with Bruce's extension cord.  The batteries were running low after four days.

The next morning I got a pump out at PCYC, motored to the Royal, had another pump out and fueled up.  Came to my dock and cleaned up the propane locker.  Will came back to look at my deck.


Five days on the lake


No comments:

Post a Comment

Systems check with Chiheb and Brian

Norm bought me an 8 HP Johnson/  Saturday Brian came up from Vermont.  Chieb came helped prepare BELLUM for her big adventure. Set up new ch...