Sunday, October 11, 2020

SH Sailing and anchor outside PCYC

 We got a reprieve when I was offered an extra weekend before haul out.  Saturday was supposed to be rainy and very windy.  It was very windy and a storm came in Saturday evening.  So I never went to the club

The water level had dropped.  

Sunday, Darla and I decided it was too cold.  I biked to the club anyways and decided to sail out with a light eastern wind.  Fugu went out before us followed by Flow Control.  Redline was already out.

It was a very slow run to the gut and to PCYC church when I saw Redline return under power and then Fugu and Flow Control returned.

Winds were 5 knots in PM  Went up after 7PM


I figured there were no winds so I anchored outside AD22 without power.  Gorgeous sunset.   The wind picked up and sunset was before 7.  Supper was sausages with legume and pea pods.  Read and watched a download Sunday MOrning and snuggled into the mummy bag.  The boat was rocky with current from the west and winds from the east.  But nothing like Putney Bay.  Halyards were noisy but not bad enough to fix.

Sunset


At 7 AM, the temperature was 1C but it was probably below zero overnight. The mummy bag was excellent.  No need for Espar.


Sunrise





In 22 feet of water, I had lots of scope and with the shifting winds, it was a very shifty night.





Winds were 16 knots.

I motored back to the club to pick up the crew.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...