Saturday, September 29, 2018

Rum Runner Race on d'ad-lib

William called out for crew for the Rum Race at PCYC so I took him up on it.

The crew consisted of Bill, Gaby,  Deirdre, me and Todd who has not sailed for 47 years and went to WHS with me in grade 7 and 8.  Blast from the past.

My tasks were mainsheet.  The race started late because there was a power failure, delaying the launching of dry boats.

We came in fourth but we won the other bottle of rum as part of the lucky draw.




Our Captain


After the partying, I went back to the club.  Was not successfully retrieving my dingy anchor.

Took a nap and went to Bombay Palace Restaurant at 5PM.  Sunday I went to the club to help Jimmy fuel up, pump out and remove the sails.  Too cold to sail. 
Went to PCYC AQVA meeting and then loaded up the car with stuff to take from club to St. Amboise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clogged Primary fuel filter

Primary Filter Chris drove me down to the club with boat stuff for his launch and to resolve my Yanmar problems. We launched Flow Control wi...