Saturday, September 21, 2019

Single Handed weekend.

After the meet-up, I got up and went to the boathouse sale.

New Cockpit tent
Got a Ronstan AAir AIR ARCH Inflatable Boom Tent. Been wanting one for a long time.

Went to the fabric sale at the church at 1300 Carson. Got a BBQ chicken and had some chicken at the boat.

I cleaned up the boat from the meet-up.  Tidy up the locker.

Set up the new cockpit tent - pretty nice.

Nice tent
Went to Gaucho and had a beer.

I took a nap.

Watch Chris and Norm bring Flow Control to the club.

Went out to the bay beside the club and put the tent back on.

Had a swim - water warmed up to 19C

Saw Fugu go out.  He reported 4 knots of winds at the sandbars.


Nice sunset.  Zero winds. Had a good sleep.  Got up the next morning.

Cindy cancelled our sailing.  I called Jimmy to tell him it was too windy for sailing.

Winds were suppose to be light and then 15 gusting 30.  I sailed to the channel and stood still for about two hours as the four Laser 28's passed me.

Eventually I was drifting precariously so I motored to the main lake and drifted some more.  Around  noon the winds picked up and I was sailing.  Not a concern in the world except for the 30 knot gusts in the forecast.  About 1:30, the winds got to 18 and then down to 15 and I decided to head back to the club.  Peter passed me the docking line.  Good thing in a west wind.

Hung around the club, tidy the locker, moved some stuff between boat and locker

Had a beer on Gaucho. She had bent her spinnaker pole.

Forecasted wind for the afternoon
Chris came in and we helped him stow the mast.

Afterwards I washed the deck and filled the starboard water tank.

I tried washing Flow Control coach roof.  It was pretty disgusting.  Got some dirt off.








Actual winds




No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...