Saturday, July 18, 2020

Soulange

Garfield, Lidia, Athena and I set sail for Soulange at 10:45.  Nice sail from the Gut through Wind Mill Point to Point des Cascade. 






Rafted up to Redline.  Zig Zag showed up later followed by Fugu.  Gaucho ended up at Dowkers.  Munching on Chicken Salad sandwiches.

Swam and pretty much everyone stayed on their boats in COVID isolation.

Our supper was hot sausages and caesar salad.

About 10:45 we separated and Zig Zag had problems anchoring and after three attempts, they went back to Dorval.  Fugu and I had no problems.

I got up at 6:30 on Sunday morning and saw Fugu had left and Redline was preparing to leave.  I
checked the weather and there was a small bit of rain coming and then gale-force winds 


I decided to wait out the rain and capture the pre-gale winds. We had bagels and scrambled eggs.  

At 11 we pulled anchor and motored to the seaway and back through the zig-zag channel.  There was no wind.  No Rain.

The guest departed and I lingered around the pool and club.  Cleaned up the boat.  Re-oiling the teak that was messed up by sweat of the guest.





Winds did eventually picked up in the afternoon.  



Chris showed up to install some electronics (VHF and chart plotter) and I installed his new blue fenders.
Chris drove me to the amboise locker with my bike and a piece of 4 x 8 plywood that Maurice gave to me.  Then he drove me to the office and the rain came down hard so he drove me home.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...