Thursday, October 5, 2023

Natalia

I left the dock in Lachine, sailed to the bifucation buoy when the winds died and I motored back to the club to meet Natalia.  We set sail in light winds and anchored outside Venture to swim. Winds picked up and we did a zero carbon departure ending up at Dowkers at 7, in the dark.

Had Scotch and steak and potatoes and peppers and tomatoes.  

We slept in till about 8:30.  The night was quite rock and roll.

Had a moka  coffee that knocked me out for the day.  Made potatoe omlet and lingered around to 3 when we realized the winds were not going to decline.  Winds were too strong for the 155 so we used just the main. Sailed back in a south wind, tacking a few times for fun.  Doing 4-6 knots with just the main.

The pick up line on my dock had fallen off and it was too difficult to dock with a strong south wind so we commondared Tallisman's dock.




Washed the boat because it was dirty and Saturday was expecting 50-75 mm of rain.

Natalia drove me home.  I was still hyper due to the Moka coffee I had.


A great week on the water - especially for October.  28 degrees.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...