Thursday, October 19, 2023

Overnight at Sandbars

Bruce drove me to PCYC to winterized his Atomic IV.  Done.  

He drove me back to the club with some empty boxes for me to start packing Bellum.  

At 3, I fueled up and sailed to PCYC, going around the lighthouse.  I still had the 155 on.  The temperature was supposed to be 20, but it went as high as 17.  Winds died as I approached the sandbars so I dropped the anchor.  The forecast for the evening was light. Flew the drone.








Supper was pork chop, a pepper, potatoes and shallots and a roasted garlic.

Next morning, was windy from the south. 10 knots and climbed to 22 knots.  I pulled anchor in 15-17 knots, thought of pulling the sail but did not.  Winds picked up and I was getting concerned about docking.



Winds at 1PM

I came into the harbour and tried twice to approach my dock and I could not manage her. Eventually I took an outside dock where the Catamarin docks. 




I was supposed to help Eric who could not start Resolute again.  But he had left for home and did not advise me.  

Scarlett and I were supposed to go sailing and have a BBQ aboard, but I did not feel we could easliy change the 155 at the dock and head out in that wind.  So I cancelled.

Took the bus home.  When I got to Lionel Giroux, there ws no wind.  When I got to Monkland there was wind.  Vero texted me that it was still very windy at the club.



At 7, it’s still windy



UPDATE - over the weekend, my stern line was chafed by the broken fairlead on aft port side and someone from Ship Wright retied Bellum.  

The bow was already chipped, so there seemed to be no new damage.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Clogged Primary fuel filter

Primary Filter Chris drove me down to the club with boat stuff for his launch and to resolve my Yanmar problems. We launched Flow Control wi...