Saturday, July 8, 2017

Single handed race

The annual single handed race.

Winds were very light, sky was dark.  Skipper Meeting was at 9:30.  I got out of bed at 9:45.  I did not want to race, but I bugged Luc for a chart and time as he was heading to his shark.

I tried to get the 150 but was too lazy to install it, especially since Daniele and I were going to go sailing afterwards.

The course was 10.07 knots.  Start time was 13:35.  I had a pretty good start and winds were in my favour at the start.  I caught up to a few boats.

JP had the 150.  I was jealous.  Jason had a horrible start, behind the fleet.

I make some mistakes in navigation that let Sylvie and JP pass me.

At AD28, the winds were very quarky and I had to avoid Sylvie because she we in trouble.  I did not protest.  Then I almost had to start my engine to avoid nosing the bouy.  In the meantime, Jason caught up.

Then a small squall came up.  Jason furled, Sylvie partially dropped her main.  I furled my jib and kept an eye on Sylvie.  Jason unfurled, so I unfurled.  It was a two man race.  Patrick finished and came back out to watch over Sylvie.

It was a race between Fugu and Bellum.  Fugu tried to push me on the other side of RC,but I refused and passed 3 seconds ahead of Fugu.

The teams all had some Samual Adams at the clubhouse.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Prizegiving 2023

Prize giving photos