Monday, August 21, 2017

Finally we anchored

On Monday afternoon we set out to sail in what was supposed to be 12 knots maxing to 23 knots on Windfinder.

Raymarine wind instruments were acting up.  I reset the i70 without any improvements.  Sometimes the wind direction was way off.


We had a nice sail upwind to Baie D'urfie and back and then we settled to anchor at Dowkers.  There was still the threat of 23 knots on windfinder so we tucked in close and put out 50 foot of rode.

Supper was a T-bone steak.






Overnight the winds died and we all swung around.  Quite different from the 28 Knots Max forecast by Windfinder.









Getting up early we find there was a serious storm approaching Ottawa.  There was no winds.


I had a conference call with Echosoft at 10 so we motored back, but there was time to go up the mast and clean up and de-spider the troublesome anemometer and another quick pump out.


We washed the boat and went to Ikea.

A microburst tore down a lot of trees in NDG just after 3PM.  What a mess.




No comments:

Post a Comment