Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Hugh Kennedy night race






Norm, Chris and I took on the last Wednesday night race - the Hugh Kennedy race.

I helmed.  We started downwind with an east wind.  Great start. We headed to the downwind mark and returned closed haul to a mark near the church and then through the Gut to finish at AS15. Only Limonchello came in behind us but we owed her some time.

Club did not know there was a race so there was no BBQ and we went to Burger Town for some nice burgers.

Too bad I still have to spend my MMA for September.

Very nice race in the dark.  Downwind start has interesting dynamics.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Frostbite Norm, Scarlett and Maud.

The crew met at 8:45 and set sail to the Frostbite race. We tried to put up the main, but one sail tie was still attached, tightly knotted t...