Thursday, July 25, 2019

Busy weekend

I took a long weekend sailing.  Cindy came out Thursday and returned Friday.

Marianna called to go sailing, we anchored near the club, swam and then sailed in light winds to almost the gut and back.



Later Friday, I raced with Jimmy and Mike on Naomie.  We had a really lousy start.  The race was shortened due to light wind. We sailed back.  We started the engine and soon she started overheating. We pulled out the jib and sailed into the harbour.  I pulled the intake and the water flowed smoothly, so it was probably the water pump impeller.




I took off to spend the night at the sandbar.




Next morning, I bucketed the boat, cleaned up, read and updated this blog.

Lazy Saturday day, great day. It turns out Mike and Kelly were there at the sandbars too, but I had not seen them.  Saw Seal Cove anchor as the winds picked up.

Sunday looked too strong for single handed, so I sailed to Grand Anse, racing with Slow Dancer and back to the club.

Packed up the trailer for Shana and came home and BBQ the Barvette.

Very lazy long busy weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...