Saturday, October 5, 2019

Pas de deux - pas NOT

I was really looking forward to an October sail with Maud.  We had planned this at the beginning of the season.  But on Friday night, there was zero winds in the forecast.  So we cancelled.



I had not much to do, so I biked to the club and headed out.

The winds picked up so I put up my sails and did it.  Nice sail. We (I) was pretty much the third to last boat when the winds died.  I abandoned the race.

I came in to PCYC and docked.  I was told to use another dock where Andre used to be. That dock was full and they found me another dock.  Then it turns out there was the closing supper that night and there were no chili meal.  I lounged around for about an hour and then left.  Frank helped me undock.

I sailed toward Dowkers and then back towards the club.  There were very few boats on the lake.


Airway under fluorescent spi



I saw Airway under asymmetric spinnaker heading out.

Forecasts were for light winds so I anchor for the night so I anchored west of Dorval Island, probably where Denise likes to anchor for supper of a Pork Chop and some potatoes.







Overnight, winds were 16 knots plus gusts.  It was rock and roll.  I got up at 4 AM in 8 degree weather plus wind to put out more rode.

More winds than expected
About 8 AM I came back to the club docking with a south wind with Flow Control to the North.  I made it - under a bit of power.

Soon the frostbiters left for their race.

I lingered around the club, found Flow Control cradle, kayak, Cygnus, and the trailer.

Biked back to town to write this blog entry.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...