Thursday, May 13, 2021

First sail

After launching Flow Control I washed Belllum and went out for the first sail of the season at 4PM. I sailed from the club channel, passed Espresso, tacked through the Gut and the winds were too quarky that I started the motor. I sail down the lake and anchored at Dowkers. Nobody there. Made a couple chicken thighs and spend the night Next morning was lazy, cleaned up the inside of the boat, read some magazines and the Crusing workbook for the Adult Sailing. I had noticed the sail was ripped on the UV covering near the spreader and the Radar Reflector had lost it's top cap. About 4PM I pulled anchor - catching some fishing linkes and an old braded line. Threw them in the garbage and set sail. I decided to go into PCYC to fix the radar reflector using their sheer leg and then sailed to Grand Anse. Had a nice steak and spend the night there. I shared some photos with Darla and she wanted to come sailng, about 2PM. Pulled anchro and sailed back to the club by 11:30 and lounged around talking to Patrick and Sylvie as there were setting up their sails and new dock lines. Waited for Darla.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...