Saturday, May 29, 2021

Weekend

 On Friday, went to my locker to get the scaffold to deliver for a Market Place sale.  I picked up some other stuff for the boat and some telephone Bix stuff for Chris.  I dropped off the Bix stuff at Chris's and he offered to bring the Torqeedo and other stuff to the club on Friday night or Saturday.  That let me bike to the club rather than drive there on Saturday.

On Saturday afternoon I biked to the club with my trailer and started organizing the boat. Chris showed up later and we put up the sails on Flow Control.  

Chris helped me depart in light easy winds.  But as I was leaving the dock, the steering seized steering the boat to port.  I was able to go forward and swing back into my dock as Chris Jason and Bruno fended.

Chris and I inspected the quadrant and determined the quadrant was lower than it used to be and the end stopper.  A piece of wood that was the stopper was loose and I removed it and the steering worked fine but without the end stopper.  I decided I could go sailing so I departed at 18h10 west on a run and spend the night at Grand Anse with an East wind from across the lake.  No shelter.

BBQ chicken legs with brussels sprouts, peppers, garlic and potatoes. 

The night was rock and roll but I liked it.  At 7AM it was 9 degrees.  rather cold.



 

Got up at 8h30 and sailed back to the club arriving about noon in variable east winds. Wind instruments were not working perfectly.

I docked at the fuel dock and the pump out was out of order.  I went to inspect the masthead, cleaned the cobwebs, and discovered the anchor light was missing the top half - the tri-colour.  But it was working.

I went back to my dock and started cleaning the port side and the rain started and looked like it was going to be long and persistent - especially cycling.  I called Scott and got a lift home leaving the bike at the club.  It looks like the rain was only light drizzles.  


Rain coming from the south







No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...