Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Single handed anchor in the rain

The weekend was wet so on Tuesday I went to Decarie Square to fix my file at Service Canada but they were no longer there but Elections Canada was there so I voted and went to the club and checked out the pass on the cradle, did some shark work, took down the mast for shark 3

At 1830 I took off in an SW wind doing about two knots.  Eventually, I had to motor to the gut and tacked to Beaconsfield where I motored to Dowkers and anchored. One powerboat was there and left about 10. The other two boats were still there on moorings.  Supper was a burger steak.

It rained overnight and the next day. Cleaned, decluttered and tidy up the boat for next week. 

I lounged around on Wednesday, The wind forecast was forecast to be light so I had a nice late afternoon sail to the sandbars and anchored there without power. Supper - a cod burger. Awesome sunset.  But about 1PM, the winds picked up to 17 knots.  Boat and anchor held well - even without using the engine to set it.


The new anchoring feature on the Axiom worked but it was buggy as I could not turn off the tracks that covered the charts.

The next morning was windless so I motored back to the harbour to prepare Bellum for next week's vacation.  Fueled and pump out. Fixed cradle pads, installed spare telecom battery and got some good anchoring information from Susan.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...