Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Windy ride to Grand Anse and overnight

After sailing with Natalia, I lingered around the club, refilling the boat supplies - coffee, dish soap and the oil lamp.  I got the new Lewmar Windlass Rope Guard from Maurice. Looks like an easy replacement.

At 5h30 I left the harbour in a south wind.  I rigged a midship line to the dock that I tripped as I departed the dock avoiding collision with Flirtation in a south wind.  I passed Jimson who was coming into the harbour.

The winds were much stronger than I expected.  I had not re-checked the forecast.  I sailed to the Gut and decided to spend the night at Grande Anse.  

Very nice evening, Had the other lousy piece of leather.

Got up the next morning and let at 8 back to the harbour in a beam reach from the south.  Very nice.  Nice docking in south winds.


Cleaned up the boat a bit and biked to St. Amboise, Accountant, Costco and met Jimbo on Westminister.

 

 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...