Saturday, May 28, 2022

Commisioning day - Canon and anchored out.

Saturday I had my adjustments with Azar at 9:30.  It was raining so I drove there.  Did some groceries on the way back home.  

Drove to the club and picked up a Magma Kettle BBQ on the way.  

I switched out the winter duvet for the new summer comforter that I had sewn over the winter.  Quite nice.

Commissioning day was a nice sunny day, speeches, national anthem, canon and lobster for $100.  I motored out to the Gut and sailed to the sandbars and did a zero-emission anchoring, had sausages and asparagus.  Went to bed early and the anchor alarm came on at 4:15 AM.  We had dragged about 180 feet in 10-knot winds.  I started the engine and reseated the anchor and went back to bed.  It wasn't so cold.  





Got up very late and handled some phone calls from Gerry and Patrick.  I pulled the anchor without the engine but I drifted too close to shallow waters so I motored out of these.  

Nice morning sail to Dowkers, which was very crowded, to the outside of Grand Anse and saw a swimmer diving.  The water temperature is up to 18C.  I tied to sail through the zig-zag channel, but it was too close to the wind, so I ran back to the gut and the club.

Helped Norm put up bimini, Ed and Kelly with Loos gauge, and Mark with his bimini and rigging. 

Lingered around the club on Sunday, never went out - at six thirty it got a little cool.  Had a night cap with Mike and a bagel for supper.

Lingered around Monday, problems with the club inside doors were all locked.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...