Monday, May 9, 2022

First overnight single handed May 9

After launching Flow Control and final cleaning on the boat inside and the deck and loading up the galley, at 5PM I decided to head out.  It was 23 degrees and sailed out in a southeast wind.  The wind died a mile after the gut and I slowly sailed to the sandbars and dropped the anchor.

Supper was Duck Confit and white rice.  Listed to a Bill 96 webcast, got bored with the legal eagle stuff and went to sleep at 9, getting up about 8 in rather cool conditions.  

I had drained 70 Amps from the AGM but she still started the engine.

About 10:30, winds were nice from the east and I sailed around the lake back to the club tacking around the lighthouse.  

I hung around until 5 and decided to cycle back when I met Marie and she reminded me of the Coaching meeting that I had forgotten about.  I stayed for the meeting and Rod gave me a lift home so I could leave the car and bike at the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...