Friday, May 6, 2022

First sail in 2022

 On Thursday night, we had the competitor's meeting at the club and had supper with Norm and Chris.  I decided to sleep aboard with the new Novafoam mattress topper.  Very nice.  The temperature was about 3 C but the electric heater, it was comfortable.

Friday morning, I made a decision to stay at my dock rather than move to 75, 

I helped Sylvie launch Obsessive Scientist.  Changed house battery to AGM and rewired some electrical with a fuse block for the always on house battery and installed a new DC-DC charger for the Telecom batteries.  Helped Ed and Kelly launch and then finished final wiring and cleaning.

At 5, there was a light south wind so I decided to do a quick sail.  Sailed single handed to Pointe Claire church and a close haul back.  Met Chaos on the lake.  Jim was also single handing Chaos.




It was going to be 3 and very windy overnight, so I did not anchor.

I had problems with the fuller not wanting to furl.  The rachet block was threaded backwards.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...