Saturday, August 20, 2022

AQVA


I am a Super Skipper

Due to very poor late planning, I had almost zero crew for the AQVA race. In the last week, I must have called 25 candidates and no one was available. Audrey had an extra crew and she gave me Glen.  During the FFR, Mary joined along with Jocelyn.  In the morning, Mary asked if she can move to Liam's boat and I approved it.  Then Jocelyn cancelled last minute and Glen came late, we rushed to switch head sail from the 135 to 155 due to light winds forecasted.

We motored to the course and had a reasonable start. at 11:30 from the scratch boat. We made it to the first two marks and got caught in the crowd after the second mark. 

I had promised Glen that we would be back by 4 so we returned to the club and had a dip in the pool.

Supper with Patrick, Sylvie and Peter.

Bowmar at the bar and aboard Fugu after the bar closed with Ed and Kelly, Mike and Karla and Jason.


Le fleet










Le course

iceberg

confit

dessert



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...