Sunday, August 28, 2022

Sunday Monday Tuesday

Sunday morning, Egan departed, and I went to clean mom's apartment.  A lady came by looking at a dresser but it would not fit in her car, so I offered to bring it to her home in Montreal West on my trailer.  It turned out to be on Ronald drive, past Ville st Pierre.  At this point, I decided not to return home and head directly to the club for some badly needed recreation.

There was no wind and several boats headed to the sandbars.  I rafted up to Mike and Scott.  Lori was with Mike.  Audrey joined us later.  Jason was a few feet away so we swam there to meet up with them on Fugu.

Mike provided chicken and beef shish-kebob.  

They departed about sunset and I anchored at the sandbars for the night.

Monday morning, Redline came and anchored beside me and we spent a couple hours restitching her bimini.  Nice job.  I took off afterwards sailed to Dowkers, back to sandbars, around Dowkers, tried to anchor at IPYC but changed my mind and went through the narrow channel, softly hitting a rock, very softly and then did a zero carbon anchoring at the south end of the bay.  There was a storm coming with strong winds at about 10 PM.  The Rocna Vulcan with 100 feet in 10 feet of water held - even without an engine testing of the anchor.  There was a lot of water behind Bellum.

Tuesday morning I departed at 8 am with a west wind - running at 6-6.8 knots getting back to the club at about 9:10.  

Nice three days alone or almost alone.

Changed the sheets and left the trailer in the yard, came home, unpacked the car, and finished cleaning mom's apartment, and came home.

Sylve convinced me to come to the club. I biked to the club.

In the end, the weather did not look so good so I hopped on Slow Dancer, and motored to Pointe Claire where AJAX declared the race abandoned so we sailed back to the club.  Rod gave me a lift home.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...