Saturday, August 13, 2022

Single handed two nights

After dropping off the guest, I took off at 7:40 PM sailing to the gut, towards the sandbars when I saw Zig-Zag returning so I headed west instead of the Sandbars.  I ended up at outside Dowkers where I set the anchor avoiding going deeper since there seemed to be several boats sans anchor lights.  No supper as I had eaten BBQ earlier in the day

The next morning I set sail at about 11.  Patrick sent an email asking to confirm buoys existence for the AQVA race.  So I went hunting for the buoys all over the western lake, eventually to Ile Perrot.  


16

18

26
26
28

34
42

43

44

45

After Dowkers, the wind died and my battery was low so I motored to St. Anne and walked around. Newman was there.  

I motored back, deciding not to stay near IPYC since it was no longer listed in Active Captain and there was no wind on Monday.  I anchored in Grand Anse after passing through the channel south of Dowkers.

Monday morning at 11, I set sailing or drifting for 40 minutes when I decided to start the motor and went back to the club.






I helped Patrick set up the AQVA spreadsheet, washed Bellum and cycled to Mom's to find an unpleasant surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...