Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Holy Laser AND overnight at BYC

I biked to the club on the Norco, for the first time this year.  I need to do it more often.  I just met Pat for a haircut and swam a bit.





There were lasers available so I booked one and started rigging it slowly and ended up trying to race with the lightning and a 49'er.  It was windy for that little racing machine.  It seemed to behave like a Telsa with a very heavy throttle.  The acceleration was incredible.  It was sometimes hard to determine the wind direction.  Difficult for me to tack.  I slowed down too much and stalled.  I dunked about 5 times and turtled once, having the daggerboard fall out.  I decided not to race and sailed her around the spoiled grounds, making it back to the dock without any problems.








I warmed myself up and took Bellum out at 8PM, anchored at 9 behind the church and before BYC.  It was a North wind.  Made my Italian Sausages.

The next morning, I got up slowly and weighed anchor, drifted out and then sailed back to the club, and packed the car with stuff for home and locker.  I put the inflatable Kayak and 155 in Norm's locker.  Drove to the funeral home to make arrangements for mom;





No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...