Wednesday, July 19, 2023

An expensive night out - lost Rocna Vulcan

After dropping off Darla, I decided to spend the night at Anchor.  At 8, I motored out to Dorval Island and winds picked up so I sailed towards the lake and ended up in the bay beside the club.  I dropped the anchor and not paying attention, I let out all the rode.  The keel wrapped around the rode and I could not overcome the current.  

I called Milan and he came out with a crash boat. The boat was not maneuverable enough to pull the stern into the current.  

I eventually cut the anchor rode.

I motored back to the dock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...