Sunday, July 16, 2023

Get away - 4 days

 Sunday morning was wet.  


On Sunday afternoon, I biked to the club after trying to conform to the EXO schedule but it was easier to cycle.  Did some groceries at Metro and dropped off a phone charger with Raspberry.  She complained it would not charge past 95 percent.  :(

Arrived at the club at about 16h30, took the dinghy out with me and motored to the gut, sailed around, and anchored outside the bay between BYC and LRYC.  The dingy was flooded.  The engine sump was full - the shaft packing had started leaking.  The supper was pasta with a Dorado fish.

On Monday morning I started sailing towards the club to work on the shaft but decided to sail towards Ste Anne in the end, I ended up at IPYC, docked and tightened the shaft packing, and replaced the broken diode that turns on the fridge.  It was broken at the beginning of our trip to Quebec City.  Probably from packing the lazerette locker.

Had a challenging departure with strong winds.  I hit the rock a the entrance of the Yacht Club.


I sailed through the channel between Dowkers and Ile Perrot. Winds were over 15 knots.  I stayed near the green side of the channel to avoid the rocks on the red side.

I tried to sail to the Windmill Point channel, but decide the winds were too strong to try and the west wind would have meant a difficult sail to Soulonge.  

I sailed around in 20-plus knots of wind, reefed the Evolution 135, and decided to sail to an anchorage - it turned out to be Dowkers.  Arrived at 13h30.  I went for a swim and lounged around.

Looks like this might be my long single-handed seasonal trip.  Good to be unplanned.

On Tuesday, winds were supposed to be from the East and Wednesday was good from west. Looks like we go to Soulange.  Winds did not come up and I motored to Soulonges arriving at about 12h30.  The bay was empty except for one motorboat at the big block and she was leaving so I took the block.  Nobody around.  I went for a dip and set up the dinghy.  There was lightning so I delayed my adventure until the lightning passed.  The rain passed south of us and weather alerts were mostly in Eastern Townships.  

Dinghy to the dock.  Did a drone flight.  Came back to the boat because the drone batteries were not fully charged and I did not bring liquids (Gatoraid).  Went back to the dock and hiked 4 km to the falls and the trailer park, doing some drone footage.

At 4:30 I went back to the boat and leisured around, skipping supper, rather snacking - again.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...