Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Anchor recovery - Single Handed.

The old Bruce



On Wedneday morning, I installed the new anchor and rode before Adult Sailing.  Removed the Bruce and install the new Vulcan and sailed with the Adults.  We had good winds and a good sail trying to get to PCYC for pizza.  I was hasitant on going because of timing and issues about docking at PCYC without a motor.  I decided we did not have time to get there.



After returning from Adult Sailing lesson, Sailing Coordinator told me that they found my anchor.  It seems the buoy I put out there was small and was pushed underwater and they put a bigger buoy on the rode.  

I was thinking of going downtown to visit a musuem, but it heavy rain dampered that.  When the rain stopped, it was calm.  I was going back to the boat to to do some work.  

But seeing how calm it was, I made a decison to go and "try" recover the anchor.  I removed the new Vulcan, rigged the Bruce as a spare, put the motor on the dinghy.  I motored to the are and quickly found the buoys, anchored up steam to the buoys with the bruce.  Motored to the buoys, pulled them into the dingy, brought them back to Bellum and used the windlass to hull in the old Vulcan.  It worked peferctly and came back to the harbour and celelbrated with a 15 year old Scotch. 

Sat with the dingy sailors and a couple AS teacher and Felix and company and explained my anchor recovery.  

I reinstalled the old Rocna on Thursday morning.  

Decision what to do with the new anchor and rode.

Brand New Rocna Vulcan 12 KG,  Chain 5/16" X 50’ G4 + 5/8 X 150’ Brait rope

Tout nouveau Rocna Vulcan 12 KG, chaîne 5/16" X 50' G4 + 5/8 X 150' corde Brait



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...